The Harvel Round:
Wolvie has worked out a 5.4 mile route that we can all run as a sort of age based handicap (look for Wolvie’s email Nov 4th, containing the route). If you cannot locate it or struggle with the technical (.gpx aspects) plse let us know. There are plenty of Garmin.Geeks on hand. See the BUTTON BELOW, which will take you to the route on Plotaroute (you can downlaod the .gpx file, from Plotaroute).
Maybe just let Duracell or Wolvie know when you are attempting it (to avoid congestion) and then go get running! Thereafter upload your ‘effort’ to Strava and there are trophies available…….
HARVEL Round – Rough Directions
Starting immediately outside Amazon & Tiger Pub:
- Head SE towards the village green and cross the green onto the ‘Pig Track’ footpath.
- At Leywood Road cross over the stile and across the small field. Follow the footpath in a NE direction.
- When the footpath opens up into a field, continue down hill in a SE direction and turn left heading North on Wrangling Lane.
- Approx 25yrds after Dode Church take the track on your right up a steep gravel track to Holly Hill House
- Continue on to the tarmac section of Holly Hill Road and take the right into Holly Hill Car Park and up the steeps keeping to the left hand track through the woods.
- Continue past the Trig Point and downhill to the main track and turn sharp left.
- Continue on this wooded track, on reaching White Horse Road turn right then left onto a gravel track.
- Follow gravel track down steep hill to the Pilgrims way. Turn right and follow the Pilgrims way for approx. a third of a mile.
- IMPORTANT – take a right signposted the ‘Wealdway’ up a steep flight of steps through a metal gate and up more steps. Continue on this steep path.
- On reaching the junction in the path at the top of the hill go straight on and take the second path on the left heading WNW.
- At the corner of the Rugby Pitch go over the stile and head straight across the pitch in a diagonal direction. Best done when there is not a Rugby match on.
- Through the opening to Harvel Road, turn right and proceed 30yds before taking a left on to a narrow footpath.
- Remain on the footpath through the woods leading to a field. Head diagonally across the field to the hedge and follow hedge/fence to Harvel Lane.
- Turn right on Harvel Lane and remain on the road until you reach the Amazon & Tiger car park.